Google Search

Who will this the MMA fight this Sunday, 3/7?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

King James vs Peasant Roman

As we are still in January and with my birthday coming up, I find myself in a bit of a reflective mood. Don’t worry, I’m not about to get eye liner or browse a local Hot Topic, but it is on my mind. Next month I’ll be turning 26 and I want to see how I stack up against some of the competition out there. While watching “Sportscenter” in my jammies, one other 25 year old clearly stood up as the measuring stick: future NBA Hall of Famer “King” Lebron James. Please sit back and enjoy this journey as we mathematically, philosophically and diabolically examine how I compare to this successful young man.

Ladies and gentlemen…let’s get ready to rumble!

image vs image

  Philip Roman Lebron James
Age 25 25
Current salary Decent enough $15,779,912 in NBA player salary alone
Originally from Romania/Portland, OR The gloryhole of America (Ohio)
Height 6’0 (Think airplane comfort) 6’8
Weight 175 or so 250
Points per game 8 in a pick up game against a terrible opponent 29.6 in the NBA
Most recent injury Four wisdom teeth removed. Woke up and made odd date rape joke when coming out of anesthesia. Injury to left eye and ankle from loss to Utah. Possible development of “mangina.”
Losses to Utah None. Not even to a Mormon. 97-96 loss plus previously mentioned injuries.
Additional Sources of Income Finding change on the street, winning a Zune at last year’s Portland Auto Show, manipulating coworkers into purchasing Starbucks coffee. Licensing deals worth millions and millions and millions of dollars (should’ve went for Euros though!).
Other cool people sharing their name Saint Philip, Philip Roman who produces “The Simpsons.” Hmm…
Job title Community Service Representative Starting Small Forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers
Name Origin Greek for “horse lover.” Gross…and not true! French meaning “brown haired” which is technically accurate but really he has black hair people.
Popularity of Name in the US Somewhat common Uncommon
Number of sweet ass blogs 1 0
Number of sweet ass podcasts with Matt Gibson 1 0
Number of embarrassing bronze metals at the Olympics 0 1
Car in high school 1999 base Toyota Corolla H2 Hummer
Number of shows pitched to ABC based on their own life I’m not arrogant: 0 1 (worse, with Ice Cube)
D.A.R.E. program grade Clean Used marijuana (allegedly)
Number of videos that Nike confiscated to save the person the humiliation of getting dunked on 0 1
Tattoos 0 Plenty!
Ability to make awesome instant “your mom” jokes, 1-10 scale 10 Lebron has never said anything about my mom.
Fake claim to royalty No Yes (“King” James)
Can eat an entire pizza then sit and watch TV without working out and not feel bad about it Yes! Unlikely due to NBA contract, personal ambitions.

*Category winner is bolded.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1966

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeBron_James

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Lebron

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Philip

Science and statistics clearly demonstrate that despite being an unknown Oregonian with no impressive statistics even when we include Xbox Live, Lebron and I are fairly even in our 25 years of life. I feel much better after this exercise! Now excuse me, I have some Hot Topic coupons to toss…

 

Please also check out “In Bed” with Matt and Phil at inbedwithmattandphil.com or search for it on iTunes. Next week, guest Zac Ellis rocks all of our worlds!

No comments:


The Hair

Adult XXX

Should I try to blog right handed?

Autoblog

Philip's shared items


What I like for now

  • Chocolate
  • Crunk
  • Blu-ray
  • HDTVs
  • Green tea
  • Puppies who are loved
  • Nissan GT-R
  • Toilet reading
  • Sunny weather
  • PS3

What I don't like for now

  • I can't find my six-pack (abs and beer!)
  • Annoying people who work at Trader Joe's
  • People who don't want to play Mario Kart with me and mom
  • Shit that costs a lot
  • People who you see and wonder what gender they are for fifteen minutes
  • Albanian albinos
  • Packs of stray dogs that control most major cities
  • Evil
  • People yelling at me while I'm typing my sweet ass blog
  • Cars that already have good gas mileage yet are offered in hybrid

Want a ride?